HARVARD HAPPENINGS – FEBRUARY 2017
CHAA Box 175 Tillsonburg ON N4G 4H5
– Members’ Monthly Meeting: Saturday, February 18
Guest Speaker will be CHAA Member Lisa Bishop. Lisa is the Governor of the ‘99s for Eastern Canada, an aircraft owner and a participant in many air rallies. All are welcome to attend. Banquet Tickets will be available from Jeannette Rooke.
– February 24: Deadline for info re March ROAR – Terry Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org
– March 1: ROAR OF THE HARVARD: sent out through email and Canada Post, as well as being placed on our website and a link on our Facebook page. As always it will contain great aviation related articles as well as CHAA info on past and upcoming events. Look for info on an exciting item that has been donated to our April 22 auction. Not to be missed!
– March 18: Annual Business Meeting
– March 25 & 26: Harvard Ground School
Location: Tillsonburg Airport
RSVP: Chief Pilot Scott McMaster at email@example.com to sign up and/or request more information
This ground school course is a requirement for the limited number of Harvard conversion training spots available for this flying season. Spots fill up quickly; reserve today!
– April 1: Pilots’ Annual Meeting (again contact Scott for more info)
– Saturday, April 22: Annual Awards Banquet & Fundraising Auction at Tillsonburg Legion
Royal Canadian Legion #153, 16 Durham St. Tillsonburg, ON
Attitude Adjustment 4:00 PM — Buffet Style Dinner 5:00 PM
Guest Speaker: highly acclaimed aviation photographer Eric Dumigan
Tickets: $35.00 each, available from Jeannette Rooke (firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-539-2762), at our Monthly Meeting or through our website at www.harvards.com/event/chaas-annual-fundraising-awards-banquet
Auction Items: Being accepted at this time by Pat Hanna and volunteers are needed to assist with this fundraiser.
– CHAA Flydays 9AM to 4PM: May 13, June 10, July 15, August 5 and August 26: Wings & Wheels (Rain date: Aug 27)
Membership Renewal: Tracy Reddy 519-404-4843 email@example.com
Unless you are a Life or Sponsor member or became a member after September 1, 2016, your CHAA Membership was up for renewal as of December 31.
Renewal Methods include:
- Mail to CHAA Box 175 Tillsonburg ON N4G 4H5 along with your Cheque or Visa/MC info. A direct link to the membership form: http://www.harvards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/CHAA-MEMBERSHIP-APPLICATION.pdf
- On our website:http://www.harvards.com/product-category/memberships/
- By phone, contact Tracy (info above). Leave your name and number, and your call will be returned.
CHAA’s Ongoing Fundraiser:
Thank you to all those who have so generously donated to date. To those still considering the idea, your support would truly be appreciated.
Mail off your contact info and donation amount along with a Cheque or Visa/MC info to CHAA Box 175 Tillsonburg ON N4G 4H5 (If you would like a copy of the Fundraising letter, email me and a copy will be sent to you firstname.lastname@example.org )
Hand your donation personally to Mel Blundell.
Make a donation through our website http://www.harvards.com/product-category/donations/
Warm greetings to those who have been going through illness of any sort; our thoughts are with you at this time and always.
Deepest condolences go out to those who have lost loved ones; may precious memories bring a smile to your heart.
Thank you to all CHAA Volunteers.
As always, wishing you clear skies, smooth flights and safe landings!
Sandra Sparkes, CHAA Member