HARVARD HAPPENINGS – NOVEMBER 2017
CHAA Box 175 Tillsonburg ON N4G 4H5
– MEMBERS MEETING: Saturday, November 18: 10AM All are welcome.
Board Member Robert Henderson is looking into the next future plan for CHAA and will at this meeting to hear ideas from the membership. If possible, be there to express your thoughts on the shaping of CHAA’s future.
– MEMBERSHIP INCREASE as of January 1, 2018
As a result of member’s suggestion, the Board approved an increase in membership dues at our October Board meeting. Single Membership will increase to $75/yr, Family goes to $100/yr and Lifetime goes to $1000. Harvard Hawks remain unchanged. Anyone who renews before the end of the year will do so at the old/existing rates.
– MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL: End of December is membership renewal (unless you are a Life or Sponsor Member or have joined since September 1, 2017) Link for renewing membership is https://harvards.com/membership/ If you have further questions, please leave a message for our Membership Chair, Patti Smith at email@example.com
– FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE: Michael Lawrence firstname.lastname@example.org
— CHAA is seeking a new Fundraising Chairperson:
Our current Fundraising Chairperson is moving to a new position within CHAA and we are looking for a new person to fill this important role within our organization. Whether you already have fundraising experience or simply a passion for CHAA (our organization, our mandate and our aircraft) please consider stepping up and helping to lead a dedicated core of passionate volunteers. The Board believes in member involvement and wishes for this position to be member, rather than Board member, led. Please contact Michael, if you are interested.
— Mailout Fundraiser: The support of our membership with this fundraiser in past years has been phenomenal and has enabled great things to happen within our association. We will be sending out this year’s appeal later this month, with the goal of raising funds towards an engine overhaul for our Mk II Harvard C-FRWN. Thank you for giving it your consideration.
— Donate-a-Car Canada: Please consider donating your previously loved vehicle to us (car, truck, RV, motorcycle or boat) through our partner Donate-a-car Canada (through this unique link) or by calling 1-877-250-4904 and mentioning you want to donate to the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association. We appreciate those who have taken part in this program to date and look forward to continued donations in months to come.
– DECEMBER’s ROAR of the HARVARD: Terry Scott at email@example.com
Sunday, November 26th is the deadline to submit contributions for the December issue of our quarterly newsletter The ROAR. Please send stories, notes, photos, etc. to Editor Terry Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The ROAR is only as good as the members make it and without your reports, pictures and personal yarns it fails to act as the communication tool it’s intended to be. Remember, all contributions are gladly accepted and will be used at the discretion of the editor. The deadline – Sunday, November 26
– THE CHAA STORY in TEXT & PHOTOS: Linda Brimson firstname.lastname@example.org
The CHAA Story is progressing nicely and we need to get our contributions to Linda ASAP.
– CHAA’s AIRCRAFT RECOVERY TEAM: Walther Irie email@example.com
Our Christmas Party will be 10:00 AM Sunday, November 26th at The Dive Academy located at 1380 Speers Road in Oakville. We welcome all members to join us for Christmas cheer and to learn about this year’s activities and our plans for next year.
We also plan to attend the 8th Annual Aviation Archaeology and Wreckchasing Symposium on the weekend of March 24th & 25th, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona. This is a great event for anyone wanting to meet other groups doing searches for lost aircraft and aviation archaeology projects. We will be sending a team next year to attend and welcome other CHAA members to join us.
Conservation work will continue over the winter on the artefacts recovered from the underwater crash site of Harvard 2963. We encourage our members to make the trip to Dunnville Museum to see the great work being done there.
– Mark your new 2018 calendars with this special date! Saturday, April 21, 2018…the CHAA Annual Banquet and Fund Raising Auction featuring Special Guest Speaker, Leon Evans, Chief Pilot at the Canadian Warplane Heritage. After a distinguished career with Air Canada, Leon was one of the Lancaster pilots for the incredible tour of England in 2014! Tickets will be available in February 2018.
Thank you to all CHAA Members.
Your dedication to and belief in our organization is truly appreciated.
Warm greetings to those who have been going through illness or surgery; our thoughts are with you at this time and always.
Congratulations to all those who have been recently married and/or are celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, a christening, a new job, a retirement. We celebrate this joy with you!
Deepest condolences go out to those who have lost loved ones; may precious memories bring a smile to your heart.
As always, wishing you clear skies, smooth flights and safe landings! Sandra Sparkes, CHAA Member